Hello Friends and Happy Sunday. I have had the best week last week + and I wanted to take this time to thank all my friends and family + Facebook peeps + and Instagram friends for all the love on my birthday. It has been a blessed one.
Instead of writing about a new list in my 52 List Journal … I wanted to elaborate on a few things from my last Wednesday’s post which is 50 Things I’ve learned at 51+ so here we go…
(2) Pick your battles | There are things that will happen in your life that are worthy of the fight + and others where you just need to take the loss and move on. Should you work to be treated with respect [check] + to be take seriously [check] + for a new promotion [check] + or speak out for someone who doesn’t have a voice … absolutely. However … arguing down a sales clerk about a discount you think you should have received + or cursing at the traffic just because is probably not worth the time.
(6) Have a creative outlet | I can’t stress enough how important this is. As busy individuals we sometimes get caught up in the daily grind which can be very daunting. Having somewhere else to focus your thoughts can channel your negative energy into something beautiful.
(15) Don’t let negative thoughts pay rent in your head | In others words don’t give power to negative thoughts or behavior. We are our own worst enemy when it comes to failures or certain situations. However letting it take up the space + and time requires energy + and there are better things to parlay that energy into … so (3) Relax …. Relate …. Release.
Continue reading “50 Things @ 51 [Part 2]”
Good morning friends and happy Praise Day [or Sunday]. It’s been a pretty relaxed weekend and we’ve had the best weather. I was hoping for a little more sleep + but I’m taking my sleepy behind to brunch with my good friend.
By no coincidence this weeks List
#11 12 asks … “List the people that make you feel happy” + and I’m actually visiting with one of those people + so this weeks list is extra special.
List #12: List The People That Make You Feel Happy
4. Aunt Barbara
6. Brian Continue reading “Sunday Journal: Chit-Chat … 52 List for Happiness [List #12]”
Hello Friends and Happy Sunday. I feel like the weekend was so damn short. It’s like I sneezed and it was gone. I didn’t get into too much this weekend but I did spend most of my Saturday cooking + and resting … sometimes that’s just what the weekend is for. I played around with my decor + and planned some projects + because I just love list of all sorts. Speaking of list .. this week is List #11. List #11 asks … “List The Things That Made You Happy as A Child”. That could be so many random things + because in general I was a happy child and my biggest worry was being able to evade sleep so I can play.
List #11: List the Things That Made You Happy As A Child
2. Fresh cut grass
3. Ice cream truck
4. Playing with dolls
5. Listening to music
6. Playing until the street lights came on
7. Saturday mornings
8. Running through sprinklers
9. Walk in my neighborhood
10. Riding with my dad
TAKE ACTION: Is there anything you used to do as a child that you think you might still enjoy? Pick one thing to try again this week, from reading a few of your favorite childhood stories to building a pillow fort or kicking a soccer ball around with friends in the park.
Lets face it + when you grew up and became an adult something broke. When your a child you can’t wait to be a little order to stay up later + then you can’t wait to be a teenager + then you can’t wait to be an adult to do all those things you couldn’t do as a teenager. Trust me … my adult life is nothing like I dreamed up in my imagination. Sometimes it use to frustrate me as a child because I couldn’t see myself older + I could only imagine what I thought life would be and all of the wonderful things that I would get to do because I was older + and no one could tell me no.
Technically if your an adult you can do what you want … right [not hardly]. I honestly believe that your more free when your a child. Free to imagine + to dream the biggest dreams + it’s ok to play + and it’s also ok to be afraid + and fail at things. I miss some parts of my childhood + and I have fond memories with my family … the beginning of Summer + wearing that “Back to school” outfit I picked out + loving my teacher + and Halloween’s were so much fun. What I take away from my childhood + in my adulthood is that I still love Saturday mornings + listening to all kinds of music + playing with my dolls [yes I have a small collection] + talking to my dad + and the smell of fresh cut grass [although it makes me sneeze].
“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting some on yourself.” ―
To revive a part of your childhood that made you happy is not reverting to childish ways + it’s merely grabbing a part of your life that you remembered was special to you. It gave you feeling + and if that sparks some euphoria then I don’t see any harm in taking that walk down memory lane. You only get one … so live your best life.
With that I’ll end this post … Thanks so much for visiting my blog today + and with each post for this list + I hope that I can bring some of my happiness to others + because if you have joy in your heart + then you spread that joy to others. – [Know Thyself] Wye