Hello friends, I hope everyone had a wonderful, restful Christmas holiday, and I hope you had the time to spend with family and friends. I’ve had a great holiday, and I’m not sure what’s better … the excitement leading up to the holiday or the actual day. My daughter and friends gifted me with some fantastic things, and I’m hoping to share that soon.
Today I wanted to share 5 things that I took away from the holiday, as well as lessons learned. It’s hard to teach an old dog new tricks … but this 51-year-old is still learning, and trying to live the best life.
1. GIFTS + People will appreciate anything you give them, no matter if it’s big or small, it’s just the thought that counts. You can give it to me in a brown paper bag and I will still love it because you took the time to consider me during the holiday season which is busy for everyone.
2. APPRECIATION + As I get older I have learned to take nothing for granted and appreciate how God has blessed me in so many ways. The note that my daughter wrote me in Christmas card meant the world to me, and I save all of her cards and notes because I do look back on them. I appreciate the people in my life, and I hope they know how much they mean to me … they ground me and make me want to always keep hustling to be the person that God needs me to be.
3. KINDNESS + I have experienced the kindness of others … and not just during the holiday season but all throughout the year. I’ve talked about how the holiday season makes people more susceptible to giving a bit more + but how about giving all year long. I am overwhelmed by the kindness of friends, family, and hell even strangers. It doesn’t go unnoticed and I carry that kindness with me through the year.
4. STRESS + Now we can’t have a list about things I’ve learned or what I took away without talking about stress. Stress is good and bad in situations, and most of us try to avoid it but it’s inevitable. You will at some point be stressed, but in most instances, we are more stressed during the holiday because we are trying to control every aspect, down to the minute details. Life is unpredictable, life is not perfect, and things will happen, however at some point you have to let go and just let things be. Most people don’t remember every aspect of the holiday, but what they take away was how special you made it for them. Relax … Relate … Release.
5. THANK YOU + Do you know the impact and power of these two words, and 8 letters. I say thank you all day long, which is a simple way to acknowledge something nice, but it goes unnoticed today. I’ve learned that you can make someone’s day by just saying those words because maybe someone needed that blessing today. “Thank you” is painless, it’s free, and tis the season to spread that joy. How many times have you said thank you today?
I hope you have enjoyed my ramblings … thanks so much for visiting my blog today, don’t forget to “like”, “comment”, and “follow.