Hello Friends and Happy Sunday. I have had the best week last week + and I wanted to take this time to thank all my friends and family + Facebook peeps + and Instagram friends for all the love on my birthday. It has been a blessed one.
Instead of writing about a new list in my 52 List Journal … I wanted to elaborate on a few things from my last Wednesday’s post which is 50 Things I’ve learned at 51+ so here we go…
(2) Pick your battles | There are things that will happen in your life that are worthy of the fight + and others where you just need to take the loss and move on. Should you work to be treated with respect [check] + to be take seriously [check] + for a new promotion [check] + or speak out for someone who doesn’t have a voice … absolutely. However … arguing down a sales clerk about a discount you think you should have received + or cursing at the traffic just because is probably not worth the time.
(6) Have a creative outlet | I can’t stress enough how important this is. As busy individuals we sometimes get caught up in the daily grind which can be very daunting. Having somewhere else to focus your thoughts can channel your negative energy into something beautiful.
(15) Don’t let negative thoughts pay rent in your head | In others words don’t give power to negative thoughts or behavior. We are our own worst enemy when it comes to failures or certain situations. However letting it take up the space + and time requires energy + and there are better things to parlay that energy into … so (3) Relax …. Relate …. Release.
(22) Broken hearts mend | No one wants to hear it when it’s happening + but believe me when I tell you that it does get better + and what your feeling + no matter how painful is a process + we all go through it at some point. It moves and shifts + it’s sadness + it’s guilt + it’s doubt + and if feels like every shitty thing you can imagine + but the clouds will part + it will become clear … you will be able to acknowledge it for what it is + but remember your broken heart will mend.
(37) Sometimes falling is inevitable | No one likes to fail + and no one likes to constantly feel like they are tumbling. The good news is that you’ve failed [so what] + it’s not the end of the road + but sometimes the beginning. In others words … get your ass back up and keep moving. We all fall but our ability to bounce back stronger than ever is nothing short of amazing. You are resilient.
(45) Be kind to your body| I can say this now because I’m older + but what you do now + can and will
haunt affect your body for your years to come … so remember to treat it with respect and be kind to it. You don’t get a do-over + and you can’t replace the parts that don’t work right + so treat it right “now” + and it will reward you later on.
(50) Find your groove | As strange as it sounds it took me many years [40 to be exact] to find my groove [or schtick] + meaning the thing that makes me feel like me. My own special sauce. I still have my own demons to tackle + and at times old insecurities try to infiltrate + but I’ve learned to just deal with it. Being comfortable in your skin is the best feeling in the universe + and once you find your groove … no matter what it … is own it + it’s a feeling you will never outgrow.
I realize that there are probably a few more things that I could elaborate on but I didn’t want to make this incredibly long and winded. If you would like more + please let me know in the comments + and I’ll be happy to answer any questions + or help with new ones.
With that I’ll end this post … Thanks so much for visiting my blog today + and with each post for this list + I hope that I can bring some of my happiness to others + because if you have joy in your heart + then you spread that joy to others. – [Know Thyself] Wye