Project #4: Updates & Progress

I don’t know what it is about about a 4-day weekend, but for me it means kicking back and doing absolutely nothing.  However I didn’t want my little projects that I had planned to suffer because I wanted to be lazy.  I still managed to get some small things done, but, not what I planned to do.  I did work on my side table, crocheted a throw, and stained some wood pieces, but I never got around to fixing the holes in the ceiling (underside of the table) that I had originally planned.  That was mainly because I didn’t do any research on what, or how, or anything.  Last week was a little stressful dealing with everyday things (#reallifeproblems) but I get through it like I always do with a little help from “B” and just peace and prayer.

I really thought I could use a faux beam to hide the holes I made when I used the C-hooks for the curtains. However, if I do that then I can’t just do it in one place, I need to equally put them across the entire underside of the table, so it’s cohesive.  Mind you it’s only 22 inches in width but it’s still a task that I’m not sure if I want to take on, so next week I will really start searching for ideas on how disguise it.  That will put my mini-flooring project on hold (which is a good thing) because I haven’t decided what material I can use (that’s cheap), that will work.

So here’s a little snapshot of what I did this over the long weekend.

pic1

My crate without stain.  I also stained a small plaque that I plan on using for an art wall for my dollies.

pic4

pic5

pic2

I will also do the same throw in an oatmeal colored cotton yarn.

dsc_5956

dsc_6037

dsc_6027

The table was easier than I thought.  After failing at creating the table legs with the copper coil + I searched for what I could use to make them + realizing that what I needed was right here.  Back in December I picked up branches from a nearby park to make some table top trees + and I kept the extras.  I just used a little saw to cut them to size + my sanding block to even them out + and hot glue to attach them and wallah…a cute little table

dsc_6080

I made this book about a year ago for a prop for my Independent Study course, and it still comes in handy + 1 -2 regular sized (8.5 x 11) pages can make an entire book for a BJD

dsc_6071

Why take a picture of shoes + why not

dsc_6052

dsc_6044

Even though I didn’t tackle anything difficult this week + I’m glad I got to do a few more things and finish up some others.

pic7

Thanks so much for visiting my blog  + and come back next Sunday to see what I take on next on The Dollplace Project.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s